Central Heating/Hot Water Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Drayton Tempus Severn wall timer/clock for my Gloworm boiler.

As this clock sets the switching the on/off of the boiler for both the heating and hot water together, aswell having manual over rides and the 1 hour boost timer.

My question, is there a timer clock which can switch both heating and hot water on/off independently. Reason being some members of family are on shifts and wish hot water for a shower in the early hours etc. where most of hot water was used in the previous evening and not wanting the heating on at the same time but switching later in a more civilised time.

In other words, being able to set the on/off times for Hot water and then Central heating of different times.

I have been advised by 2 engineers a Combi is not for the Household and had a electric shower, but proved too expensive to run.

thanks

Sponsored Links
The tempus seven is a twin channel programmer so you should be able to control your heating/hot water seperately, what controls do you have ie 3 port valve or 2x2 port valves and what model of glow-worm boiler ?

Thanks for the reply,

The timer can only operate the Heating/Hot water seperately manually, as for Auto Times it only has 2 sets of on/offs for morn/evenings switching both together.

Valve are motorised 'Open/Closed', one in each circuit.

GloWorm Fuel Saver MKII, balance flue

Are you sure you got a tempus seven ? according to the instructions I have you can set the hot water independently from the central heating 3 times each day.

Sponsored Links
Fit a programmable room stat. Now you will have the separation you require with both timing units running independently and system runs more efficiently

If you have gravity HW, fitting a progstat would fire the boiler and heat water too. HW going active heats the water only

Thanks both,

For the Tempus I have its some 10years old. But reading the new version, although it has 3 settings for on/off it appears you cannot set one time for hot water and another time for heating whether in any of the selected modes auto/all day/on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back