Central Heating, Is my pump on upside down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really need help as it's dropped already to 5 degrees and my boiler won't ignite. All was fine last winter, but the system has not been used since. Recentley I removed 2 radiators to decorate and have now replaced them. Only now when I turn on the system do I realise I have problems. There seems to be an airlock, but I have drain the system and back filled, bleeding everything. Looking at diagrams in diy manuals it seems my pump is on the wrong way around, but how can this be if it worked fine last year? When opening the air vents above the pipe they're dry and then there is a sudden gush of water, so I lok them back off. A few seconds later the water is pumped and the air vents are full of are again, as if the pump is drawing water from them. Please can someone help, or is it my boiler that's faulty, although is fairly new.

[Edited by esperatleycold on 30-11-2002 at 18:01 PM GMT]

[Edited by esperatleycold on 30-11-2002 at 18:01 PM GMT]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back