Central Heating / swiftflow 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help. I have a glowworm swiftflow 100 that only runs both C.H. and D.H.W. for about 5 seconds then it cuts out the main burner and pilot light. I have replaced the gas valve, circuit board, thermocouple, boiler overheat cut out, bled the system and swore at it but it still will not work. I know it must be a valve or cut out somewhere but which one. Please please help.

[Edited by NX1100 on 11-08-2002 at 20:11 PM GMT]

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with this boiler, but most boilers have either a water pressure switch, or a flow switch(or both)to prevent them firing when there is inadequate water circulation through the boiler heat exchanger. Check your system pressure and circulating pump operation. Could be as simple as that? Another possibility - is there a flame sensor to detect correct ignition when the boiler starts? If so, and it's faulty, then the boiler would light for a few seconds and trip out, which is what you described.

Could there be an obstruction in the gas supply pipe? If so, the gas pressure could be OK when only the pilot light is lighting, but drop off to nothing when the main burner kicks in? If you have any other gas appliances, are they working OK? Is the valve at the gas meter fully open? (and the isolating valve at the boiler for that matter) Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back