Central heating not as hot as it used to be!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for some much needed help regarding my Central Heating.

I have a Baxi Bermuda Back boiler and cylinder tank.

I have noticed that when the heating is on full the radiators are not as hot as they used to be. There doesnt seem to be any cold spots on the radiators, they just dont get hot enough.

I have checked the pump and this seems to be working fine. Do you think my system would benefit from a power flush?

If a power flush is required, could i take my radiators off individually and flush them through?

Sponsored Links
When you say On Full what are you referring to? The room stat or the boiler stat? Has the boiler had a recent service?

Thank you for your reply.

The thermostat on the boiler is turned up full and also the trv's on the radiators are all on 5.

The boiler was last serviced about a year and a half ago.

Kerry,there's not much you can do as a diyer. If the boiler is on max then the rads should be stinging hot. I strongly recommend that you get a good service/repair man to check this boiler.There are several things that could be wrong and any tests on the boiler should be left to experts.Just one thing you can check...When the boiler is on,look underneath and see what colour the main flame is and come back.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your help.

The main flame is blue. I was just really hoping it would be something that i could have tried to fix but i will call a plumber tomorrow and see what he says.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back