Central Heating not coming on - Boss Therm BR1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Boss Therm BR1 receiver with a BRTRF wireless thermostat. I believe the thermostat is communicating with the receiver as I can see green flashing and the orange light to suggest the boiler is on when thermostat temp reached but the boiler is not coming on. I have hot water perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Just waiting on the wife to text through the exact model - but I know its a
Ideal Logic Combi Boiler if thats helpful

its an Ideal Logic + 24kw Combi - hope thats helps and thanks in advance for any ideas....

Also I should mention the message on the boiler suggests room stat is turned off - when I can clearly see it is on and the receiver is suggesting it is on also and I can get the receiver to suggest its on and off by playing with the room stat... as I say hot water kicks in fine everytime

Sponsored Links
If the reciever is on and the boiler is saying it's in stand by it sounds like a loose connection between reciever and boiler.
Probably in the reciever end because they're a bit awkward to wire up, but make sure to isolate it before poking around in there.

I did have the back off last night and all four wires did seem to be connected well - I guess I can unscrew and do they again proper tight - thanks again for your advice....

Hi all I played some more last night and I think I have solved the problem as I managed to get the Central heating working by bypassing the BR1 unit proving the when the BR1 unit suggests it is sending a call for heat it isn't - I when I listen very carefully I can hear the microswitch/relay doesn't appear to be working - so I need a new unit and my boiler is fine... job done - thanks for stopping by

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back