Central Heating Pipe Noise - caused by water taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Earlier I had opened a thread about a noise in my central heating pipes and I got handful of suggestions - please see this thread: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/central-heating-pipe-noise.518419/page-2#post-4323703

Its looks like we have now narrowed down the problem, but we don't know how should we fix this problem.

The noise in central heating pipe is actually being caused by opening water taps in bathroom / kitchen (yet to identify which one caused the problem - hot or cold tap). It seems like the water tab is somehow sending air (while closing the tap, I think) to central heating pipe. Is this an issue with by pass valve. Its a brand new boiler with all the pipes are newly installed throughout the house.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I haven't read the other thread in detail, but if it's a combi boiler using hotwater will divert the boiler to heat the water, and then turning the tap off will divert it back to heating the house.

So it could be using the hot effects the heating noise in the same way as turning it off and back in.

Best to keep it all in one thread however.

Daniel

I haven't read the other thread in detail, but if it's a combi boiler using hotwater will divert the boiler to heat the water, and then turning the tap off will divert it back to heating the house.

So it could be using the hot effects the heating noise in the same way as turning it off and back in.

Best to keep it all in one thread however.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Yes, its a Vaillant Combi boiler. Opening the hot water tap (for example, in bath) is actually somehow sending air to central heating pipes which makes the air (running through the pipe) noise

Sponsored Links
take and post a video of the sound, the water in the CH never meets the water that comes out of your HW taps unless a fault condition but as its a new boiler it is possible but unlikely and you would be getting dirty water from the taps or you would have pressure problems at the boiler

Have you run the purge program on the boiler, if it's an ecotec etc?

I haven't read the other thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back