Central heating Pipes into the Wall - Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have two pipes going up through the floor and then set back into the wall. Its in my bathroom for a towel radiator.

What product do I use to cover the pipes and fill the channels. I want it to blend in with the regular plastered wall so I can repaint the bathroom.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Photos?
Depending on size of chases, I'd use bonding coat plaster for first fill and then easifill over the top to bring level. Sand down once cured and refill if necessary.

20200607_134321.jpg
20200607_134336.jpg

Basically, do I have to protect the copper pipes with another material before doing any type of filling?

Not if you're using a non-cementious based filler like bonding coat or polyfilla etc.

I use easifill as it's easy to rub down.

For belt and braces you could wrap some duct tape around the pipes... I use it in a strip the length of the pipe and stick it lengthways on the pipe and then fold the left and right sides of the strip around the pipe... It just about covers and is easier this way.

Sponsored Links
OK. I was worried about leaving a space if the pipes expand and contract.

Thank you.

The pipes will expand and contract as their temperature changes, very small amount but enough to maybe affect the plaster.

Or chuck on some denso tape to be cautious. (and then filler)

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back