Central heating prob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would appreciate your opinion on a problem we're having with our combi boiler. Vokera 24 e.

The room thermostat calls for heat, boiler fires up as normal, all radiators get hot, after 5 mins or so, the boiler cuts out even though it hasn't reached desired temp on room thermostat. It seems as though when the boiler cools it will eventually fire up again, this can vary in time. When the boiler cuts out, the fans still seem to be running.

Also i've noticed that during this time when the thermostat is still asking for heat and boiler has cut out, the DHW stays cold, until we lower the thermostat so its not asking for heat.

All other times the DHW is fine.

Plumbers are on the case, but at the moment haven't found a cure.

System pressure stays around 1, heat exchanger has been descaled, system flush and filter added, also diverter repair kit been fitted. Could it still be the heat exchanger even though its been descaled and our hot water works fine. Won't be touching the system myself but was interested in what you guys thought it could be.

Sponsored Links
Plumbers are on the case, but at the moment haven't found a cure.

Maybe a boiler engineer, rather than a plumber, would have solved the problem without doing unnecessary work?

Tony

pump sounds possible culprit, get someone in who knows what they're doing, not bathroom fitters.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, sorry to mislead, they are corgi reg plumbing engineers, and to be fair the initial problem i had was a couple of weeks ago, hot water going cold halfway through a bath and pressure rising up to 3 on combi, so hence them descaling the heat exchanger and flushing the system and adding the filter cos it was full of gunk. This has sorted the hot water and pressure problem but it now seems to of moved on to the central heating. As above it does fire up again once i've downed and raised the room thermostat temp, then once again the boiler stops as though its overheated, the pressure stays around 1. Then i start the ritual again. thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back