New Central Heating Problem

grinning-smiley-010.gif
grinning-smiley-010.gif
grinning-smiley-010.gif

Sponsored Links
No, PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN it's not a stupid question. I just want to learn more about the problem so that if I do need to bring the Lone Ranger & Tonto back I will have some knowledge. Example, they re- connected my power shower and screwed it right up. They used an elbow joint on the hot water feed and reduced the flow to a dribble. It was from advice gained on this site which I then passed onto the installers which resulted in a happy ending.

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
Snowflame said:
ChrisR - Yesterday I turned OFF the CH ( at the Room Stat programmer ) and turned the room stat down to zero. Hall rad remained on and was so hot I couldn't touch it. Have they screwed up on the install? Sorry I can't answer any of your technical questions as I don't understand the system well enough.

Sounds like they screwed up to me, and could take some sorting.

I would check where the returns join the common return as it sounds like your getting a reverse flow, this can happen if a connection has been taken off before the mv, and the return is in the common.

A simple test is to run the heating and mark which end gets hot first, turn the heating off, does the other end now get hot first in the hot water only position

Explain that in English Chriss :LOL:

this is well worth a try ;)

Oi Scruff

I would check where the returns join the common return as it sounds like your getting a reverse flow, this can happen if a connection has been taken off before the mv, and the return is in the common.

Didn't quite mean that did you? IF he's got the second bit
a connection has been taken off before the mv, and the return is in the common.

Then he won't be getting reverse flow. (That's the hot-bathroom-rad-in-summer configuration).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you only get reverse circulation in two rads at a time, when say the cylinder return's connected before the last rad's return, on the way back to the boiler.

Yes I sort of mean that Chris, which is why the hall rad is also getting hot

Before the boiler kicked in this AM I left the CH off AND room stat turned down to zero but kept the HW on. When the boiler fired up to warm the HW the hall rad started to heat up. It filled up with hot water from the same side it does when the CH is on, ie from the opposite side to the on/off value. Does this help or confuse matters?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back