central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We fitted two new radiators to our gas fire central heating system yesterday.Now there is a constant dripping of water now from a small pipe on the outside wall of the house which is located beside the central heating valve.

Sponsored Links
How did you empty the system before fitting the new radiators? Through the PRV perhaps?

i drain it through drain valve at lowest point of system

What pressure have you re-pressurised the system to?

Is the filling loop turned off properly?

Sponsored Links
I always use the PRV to drain the boiler. This is a safety component. If it is not operated, how does the heating engineer/ plumber know it is not stuck solid thus not lift at 3bar when it has to?

Thanks for your help. Can you tell me what is the filling loop?
The pressure is not getting up above half a bar, despite much pumping! There is a bleed valve coming off the pressure vessel, but when i open it nothing comes out, neither air nor water.

A filling loop is a flexi connection going from your mains cold to the return on your CH pipework.

35419.jpg

Thanks, there is no filling loop, the system is filled at the expansion tank in the attic. My plan is to replace the PRV and see what happens. i will let you know,
All the best

Have replaced the PRV and system is working perfectly! Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back