Central Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help with a problem that has arisen...

Firstly the central heating in my house wont turn off, even when i switch the timer to the 'off' position, the red light stays on so I'm having to regulate it via the thermostat. The timer is still working because the hot water comes on and off at the correct times, I'm not sure if the advance button might be stuck on? The water tank is in the upstairs bathroom and the boiler is downstairs (an old back boiler which has been converted to gas), I believe it's a vented system.

I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom, so I had to drain the water tank and turn the water off at the mains to do this, the problem has been occuring since the same day that I did this, butnot sure if it would cause the problem at all?

Secondly, due to the bathroom renovation, I had to remove the radiator which is right next to the hot water tank. After doing this none of the radiators are heating up at all despite the heating being permanently on! A mate of mine said it could be as simple as bleeding the radiators?

Any help would be much appreciated, please excuse my ignorance!

Sponsored Links
You have not told us the boiler model. It may need repressurising.

I suggest you check the wired connections to the hot water thermostat on the cylinder.

It could be a failed motor valve though.

Tony

I have now fixed the latter problem, after repressurizing the system and bleeding the radiators and the pump the radiators warmed up straight away.

I still cant get the heating to turn off though!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back