Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant VU182/1E combi boiler and i put my central heating on for the first time since march this year but not one of the rads have warmed up, they are all turned on and have been bled but nothing. I have done the preliminary checks according to the manual and fault finding procedure and the boiler appears fine, i still have hot water but no heating :cry:

Can anyone out there help/advise me on what to do or what the problem is please.

Sponsored Links
the valve is usually near the cylinder (good place to start )

turn stat up (if you have one) increase temp / possibly in the hall

if you have a spring return 3 port and its failed default is hot water :idea:

Sponsored Links

Thanks i will check it out when i get a minute

Found the valve its 3 way and adjusted switch on side from auto to manual and its done the trick. Now i know where it is i will keep assesing the valve until it packs up all together, all rads fine Many thanks kevplumb :D

I have a vaillant VU182/1E combi .

Not a combi.

No point monitoring the valve it is busted. You have foiled it by puting it manually into a position where the padel allows water from the inlet to both outlets permanently.

When either your cylinder stat and time clock or your heating room stat and time clock demand heat both the radiators and the hot water cylinder will get heat.

You quite likely need a synchronous motor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back