Central Heating probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been having a few issues with my central heating .. all went wrong in time for Christmas!

I have a normal gas boiler running both hot water and central heating. Both run through a pump and a 3 port motorised value (Y plan I believe) (I'm not a plumber or an electrician!)

It seems that the motor head of the valve wasn't working as it should so I changed the motor and it still struggles to move the valve across. With the motor off I can move it ok, it just seems as if the motor isn't getting enough power to move it. Could this be correct?

I changed the thermostat some months ago for a digital one and nothing else has changes. In a n act of desperation and eliminating things I've changed the programmer today, but still no luck. It's working at the moment as I gave the valve a helping hand to move across

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phil.

Sponsored Links
it just seems as if the motor isn't getting enough power to move it. Could this be correct?

More likely that the shaft it is turning is stiff. You will probably need to change the full valve.

If you want to cheat till you can get it fixed just take the head off the valve and set the valve to a midposition with a pair of pliers.

I'm guessing that it isnt a honeywell and probably is a sunvic or switchmaster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back