Central heating programmer fuse blows

Sponsored Links
Guys guys, calm it. Lets not turn this into a pi$$ing contest. The OP probably didn't think it is necessary to provide a full description of his system because he probably didn't think he would get much interest. I'm sure if we ask the right questions we will get the answers to work on. The bit about the bath might be relevant, as it clearly kicked in the boiler to heat the DHW system; provided that it was set to ON at the time.

Clive5: can you give us a brief description of your system? From what we have read so far, you have a dual programmer and a boiler, which I believe is one of the traditional ones that heats a primary hot water coil in the hot water tank and also heats your rads. Do you have a 3 way diverter valve (ie you can only have hot water or CH, with a priority for one or the other when both switched on). Or do you have 2 zone valves, so that both DHW and CH can be supplied simultaneously? Do you have a circulating pump? Do you have a thermostat wrapped onto your hot water tank controlling the DHW? Do you have a room thermostat controlling the CH?

Any of these devices, not to mention pesky mice gnawing at cables, can cause the problem. Fortunately, the system can be logically tested by the owner at the controller.

Does your pump rotate freely? ....as softus asked at the start
its the most common cause i've found for overload (blowing fuses)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back