Central Heating Programmer - problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Tried to switch on my central heating last night to check it was still working and nothing happened.

The hot water has been heating up ok for the last couple of weeks though.

I have a controller similar to this

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...ys-lifestyle-lp241-24hr-programmer-p-105.html

The LCD has been a bit dodgy for a while now. When I pressed the button to cycle through the heating options (i.e. "Off" "Timer" "Once" or "On") the little arrow on the LCD doesn't display and switching it to "On" does nothing.

On the other side, switching the water to "On" works and the arrow displays and it has been working on timer as I said for a few weeks now...

Does this sound like I need a new programmer guys?

I was planning to switch the central heating wires over to the water heating side and vice versa to see if they work then...

If I switch them over and the central heating works but the water heating doesn't then that concludes its the programmer, right?

Is the above the best way to do this?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You could put a link in between perm live and htg on on terminal block if your confident you've got safe isolation etc. However I think your fairly safe in assuming it's the programmer- even if its not using it with a knackered display is going to make things difficult

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back