Oil central heating not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my oil central heating is not turning on when I turn the thermostat up. It does come on but only when it wants it seems. Hot water works fine.
I replaced my drayton t45 thermostat with a Honeywell t6360b ( I presumed they were interchangeable) and this has made no difference. All used to work fine (for the last 10years) . The programmer is a lifestyle acl lp241. ive have tried all the timer setting with the programmer and it seems nothing I do will make it come on. Any help guys . thanks

Sponsored Links
ive had the hot water turned off a while today and just turned it on and the radiators have heated up now.. very strange. does this help anyone help me with what could be the problem part / area. cheers.

A bit more info on your system would be useful such as type of motorised valves if fitted, some pics of vital system parts would also help, oh and is your boiler a conventional or combi type? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back