Central heating pump CP50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a central heating pump CP50. On the speed setting is C1, C2, C3 to the right and minimum, medium, maximum to the left of the dial on the pump.

Could some kind person explain the difference between each setting on each side, as I presume C1 would = minimum, C2 medium, C3 maximum too?

Why is there 2 sets of speeds? Any preference to have? 5 radiator setup on 15kw boiler.

Thanks.
Screenshot_20231107_210631_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored Links
C1, C2 & C3 are the traditional fixed speeds or (now called) constant curve, CC, if your pump is a 6M pump then C1 might be a 2M head, C2, 4M & C3, 6M, C2 at 4M should be adequate for 5 rads.
The min/max mode, left, is proportional pressure or PP control and is probably settable incrementally in 0.1M steps between say 0.5M and 6M, if you require say a 4M head for your system with all rads at full output, then you might set this ~ 5/5.5M to give you the required 4M head, if you have zoning or rad TRVs then as zone valves close or TRVs are throttling down then the pump head will reduce automatically which results in power saving and reduces the (sometimes) noise level in the TRVs. You could set this to its mid point or slightly higher and should work quite well.

John also helped me as I also have similar pump (newly installed).
see attached for application of CC or PP and other modes, basically its what stated above but in a tabular format for future reference.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 93
  • flomasta compatible pumps cp50.pdf
    536.3 KB · Views: 83

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back