Central heating questions for rented property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm renting a house from family and have some questions about the central heating system, boiler is a biasi Riva compact HE and radiators have old danfoss valves on them (see images), I have an issue getting the system temperature just right, currently the radiators are too hot so here are my questions:

1. Is the C.H adjustment knob on the boiler set correctly? The manual says if boiler is used for hot water and heating then this is correct setting
IMG-20181001-WA0009.jpeg

2. What should the radiator thermostats be set too? Are these markings relating to how hot I want the room to be?
20181001_195222.jpg

3. To explain why certain rads shut off automatically say 30 mins after I turn heating on, Can these valves shut off automatically once a certain temperature is reached? (There's no wall thermostat)

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Also, any idea why if I switch the rad stats from III to II, the rads are no longer hot?

Sponsored Links
Thanks muggles, this one has no stat on it, am I able to "turn it down" or even off?

That last pic is a thermostatic valve just the sensor head has been removed

Thanks chaps, I have another question, if I set the valves to II, the rads heat up then cool down again, as explained above however they then do not heat back up again at all, even if the boiler is running But, if I turn the valves to III, if I remember correctly they then stay on until I manually turn the system off via the boiler??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back