Central heating turns on when I turn on hot water

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello everyone,

I have HIVE in my house, the weirdest thing is happening, when I turn on the immersion for the hot water the heating system start to turn on??? The heating system is set up to turn on if the weather reach 12’C it’s currently 24’C but the heaters turns on, on the hive it says it’s off but it’s actually on???

It happens randomly, not every time.

Does someone know what could cause it please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it the immersion heater you’re turning on, or turning Hive on for hot water?

Is it the immersion heater you’re turning on, or turning Hive on for hot water?
Hi, Hive is controlling my hot press with the water tank for the hot water and the gas boiler for the heating.

I’m turning on the switch on wall where the hive is connected, I hope you can have a clearer picture of what I have.

Post pics of your set up showing motorised valve(s) boiler hive etc we need a lot more information

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Hi, Hive is controlling my hot press with the water tank for the hot water and the gas boiler for the heating.

I’m turning on the switch on wall where the hive is connected, I hope you can have a clearer picture of what I have.

Not really, I’ve never heard of a hot press other than one for clothes. As @ianmcd suggests, a photo of setup would give a clearer picture of your setup.

Not really, I’ve never heard of a hot press

In some parts of the UK, a hot press is called an "airing cupboard."

A hot-water cylinder is usually found within.

Which often has an electric immersion heater.

If the OP says
I turn on the immersion for the hot water
and means the electric immersion heater, there is no good reason why the boiler should start, nor the heating.

But if he means he turns on the HW control on the boiler, it would be quite possible.

Some people say "immersion" when they mean the hot-water cylinder.

But a trained eye can tell them apart.

Hot-water cylinder
47140_P

immersion heater
75262_P

In some parts of the UK, a hot press is called an "airing cupboard."

Must be in parts of Ireland too :D yes I know the boiler shouldn’t start. The way it’s been worded imo is the Hive is controlling the immersion heater, which I can’t see that tbh.

The way it’s been worded imo is the Hive is controlling the immersion heater, which I can’t see that tbh.

No, i think I can guess what he means but I won't put words into his mouth.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back