Hive overheating hot water.

Stem would you not agree there are instances where valve spindle will inhibit actuator restoration to home position besides microswitch failure?
Danfoss valve is a prime example of this happening- stock both actuators and valve bodies. An estate not far from me uses these valve on three zone systems where either can be the case

Removing the actuator from the valve in this instance releases the actuator and the aux switch. If switch still made, then what you and Ian say is the way forward, else valve will need replaced

Sponsored Links
I guess it might be possible, and the OP says the power head has been changed fairly recently. To be fair I haven't come across it myself, and on the other hand, microswitch failure is very common. But the OP also mentions that-
The HW valve actuated shut the water off but it did not tell the boiler to shut down
If the valve were sticking, I wouldn't expect it to stop the flow. It has to be fully closed to do that. Then there's-
they sent a bloke he cut one of the wires to the HW 2 port valve of the tank side
If the wiring's been messed about with and not restored correctly, who knows? This could be an installation that needs someone competent to physically check everything out, and I think is where we are.
Yep I'm going to get someone to look at it. When the hot water only is on on hive when turning off on the button in kettle the boiler by cutting the water supply to it by not turning off the boiler. It's wiring those fools who looked at it have mucked it up.
@Simp655 when you do get it resolved, please post back what happened, I might help others who have the same problem later. Plus, I'd like to know too :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back