CENTRAL HEATING VENTILATION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just recently moved into my first flat, i thought id get the central heating checked out before I done anything

got the heating checked out <Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler>, everything is fine with that, I ve been told that the ventilation is a problem in my flat, in being that I only have vents in the windows which is not suffient, my heating has been switched off until the heating company come and fit a 10 x 10 black core vent tomorrow which is costing £100.

Im basically just on for some advice to make sure this is correct and im not being fleeced, after all safety is first.

Sponsored Links
yes it does. Without your ventilation you are comprimising flue performance and product combustion.

Should have got it checked before you moved in.

David

Sponsored Links
Yep again, window vents are not classed as purpose provided ventilation and cannot be counted, even if you did have huge windows with 80cm2 trickle vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back