Central heating working - lukewarm water - Halstead Ace High

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi has anyone got ideas about this

We have a Halstead Ace High combi boiler, which is approx 4 years old, which ahs been working fine, but now the hot water is only coming out lukewarm. The boiler is firing up, when the hot taps are turned on.

There has been work on our water mains for the past couple of weeks, and this is when the problems seem to have started. Could it be something to do with this, or is there something up with the boiler.

The heating is fine, and the rads are all hot.

Any help would be most useful

Sponsored Links
They may have turned the pressure up and now your running too much water. Run the tap at about 9 ltrs a min, still the same?

Also with the heating off run a hot tap and feel the central heating pipes underneath, they should stay cold, if they get hot then its a diverter valve fault.

The next thing to check would involve a corgi man doing certain gas checks!

Thanks Rob

I have tried your suggestions, the heating pipes stay cold with just the hot water on & the heating off. The pressure on the gauge on the boiler is just over 1bar when the boiler is idle, any further suggestion would be most greatful.

If the boiler is firing when you run a hot tap and the water isn't hot at the tap then you have gas pressure problems.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rob

I have tried your suggestions, the heating pipes stay cold with just the hot water on & the heating off. The pressure on the gauge on the boiler is just over 1bar when the boiler is idle, any further suggestion would be most greatful.

The next step would involve gas as you need to measure stuff! Get a Corgi man in.

We have a separate shower, its a Grohme, if that's a thermostatic mixer.
Sorry, not very up on the technicalities!!!

We have a separate shower, its a Grohme, if that's a thermostatic mixer.
Sorry, not very up on the technicalities!!!

Have you read this post from me? It seams my hot waters cold due to a faulty shower...

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=125943

Thermostatic mixer is a shower were you set a temp and switch it on and you get that temp. Manual mixers you mess around with hot and cold to gain temp required if that makes sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back