Central heating zone valve replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've finally traced an intermittent fault in a customer's heating system to a broken valve. I only want to replace the head mechanism, not the whole valve. Do they have a standard fixing arrangement? The system has one Honeywell valve but the broken valve is from Sunvic. Is it possible to replace the Sunvic head with a new Honeywell one? They certainly look like the fixings are in the same place on each.

Sponsored Links
IMO Sunvic valves are rubbish,,,,,, if you cannot do it yourself get a plumber in to replace it with a Honeywell one,,, you then come back to connect it up

The customer in this case is a friend who's lost her job so it needs to be done as cheaply as possible. Getting a plumber in is a cost she may struggle with. I could get another Sunvic as a direct replacement but I agree with you that they're carp.

If it's one of the new Sunvic valves then you can replace the head, however if it's an old one then you are stuffed :cry:

Sponsored Links
The head definitely comes off separate to the valve. I just wondered if I could replace the Sunvic actuator with a superior Honeywell one. It's not a problem if I can't as I'll just put another Sunvic one on. It's just that I don't rate them and would rather do the job with better kit.

Sorry, but you can only replace a Sunvic head with a Sunvic head..... same with any other brand I'm afraid...........

In that case, Sunvic it shall be. Many thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back