central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i just add 2 radiators to existing (wet) central heating system thanks

i now know it depends on my capacity of my boiler, but what should i be looking for on it? and how do i work it out to the ratio of radiators if you understand what i mean....thanks

Sponsored Links
Although ideally the decision should be made on the capacity of the boiler, radiator area, ambient temperature and heat loss from the house, you can make an empirical judgement by monitoring - on the coldest day you can find - the proportion of time for which the boiler fires. If the boiler is already firing for 90% of the time, it will surely struggle to cope with extra radiators. If it only fires for 30% of the time, then there will be capacity to accommodate extra radiators. Between these two extremes, it's a matter of judgement.

Sponsored Links
laurencerthomas said:
Although ideally the decision should be made on the capacity of the boiler, radiator area, ambient temperature and heat loss from the house, you can make an empirical judgement by monitoring - on the coldest day you can find - the proportion of time for which the boiler fires. If the boiler is already firing for 90% of the time, it will surely struggle to cope with extra radiators. If it only fires for 30% of the time, then there will be capacity to accommodate extra radiators. Between these two extremes, it's a matter of judgement.
:LOL:

very many thanks for the information you sent, it answers all of my questions, im very graitful.........cheers keith

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back