Underfloor Heating

Cheers Tony, its not the op its some other muppet who thinks underfloor for a bathroom is take out rad and run plastic up and down the floor joist.

He's a complete and utter
cool.gif
pothead.

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
Cheers Tony, its not the op its some other muppet who thinks underfloor for a bathroom is take out rad and run plastic up and down the floor joist.

He's a complete and utter
cool.gif
pothead.

Not a lot of help here for the OP. :(
Did you like the Danfoss link I gave. ?
I hope you are not going to tell me you are installing UFH and have never came across this valve before ??.

clf-gas wrote

Cheers Tony

Is this Agile your on about ?.

Perhaps be best if we keep the UFH pipe in copper then as he dont like plastic on a combi system. :(

Balenza said:
gas4you

Balenza, you are talking out of your a***. Keep wearing your stetson and colt 45 and leave the rest of us to put right your c*** installations that will end up costing op twice in the long run.

BES is known widely to supply cheap c*** that doesen't work. We all supply and fit quality components and have to offer warranties with our installations.

I would'nt let you near my place if thats the best you can come with.

If you pay your money you get to choose. I only do top quality state of the art installations that comply with every conceivable regulation that is around. If customers don't want to pay for this and employ somebody like yourself that is their choice. You obviously wouldn't let me near anything you have to do with because you would be embarrassed by the incompetent faults that I would find with your work. eg underfloor heating :rolleyes:

All my customers are told that they can have ANY inspection after com-pletion of the job by any representative body, eg CORGI or the like. I doubt you would offer the same.

I am expensive but my clients respect this and appreciate the quality and back up offered.

Sponsored Links
gas4you

You obviously wouldn't let me near anything you have to do with because you would be embarrassed by the incompetent faults that I would find with your work. eg underfloor heating

You would have trouble seeing any of my installations as Im only a diyer.
You on the other hand are supposed to be a professional yet cannot fathom the idea of fitting a simple temperature regulating valve to a heating system .
If I had the choice between the cowboy fitting the Danfoss valve and you fitting manifolds, mixers, pumps and God knows what then the choice is simple in my view.

Have done this on a combi system by using Rehau gear,and fitting a programmer separate to the boiler.

I fitted 2 zone valves,1 for the existing CH system,and the other purely for the UFH,which, is,of course controlled by its own stat.

I used a standard programmer,with heating ( to radiators) controlled by the heating channel.

I connected the UFH to the HW side of the programmer,being a combi,the HW is on all the time anyway,so we didnt have to worry about that.

Works a treat.

Garfeild said:
Have done this on a combi system by using Rehau gear,and fitting a programmer separate to the boiler.

I fitted 2 zone valves,1 for the existing CH system,and the other purely for the UFH,which, is,of course controlled by its own stat.

I used a standard programmer,with heating ( to radiators) controlled by the heating channel.

I connected the UFH to the HW side of the programmer,being a combi,the HW is on all the time anyway,so we didnt have to worry about that.

Works a treat.

What size was the UF area Garfield.?
Can you give any costings ?

I am not the Tony involved as named above.

Its quite feasible to use UFH in a bathroom but this usually needs a seperate time control, thermostat, circulating pump and temperature control valve.

Thats not the point though! Unless its a very large bathroom in a well insulated house the 50 watts per m² is unlikely to give enough heat output to make the bathroom the warmest room in the house where you take off all your clothes.

Another point not often taken into account is that UFH suits the retired or school teachers with regular hours but not firemen, police, nurses or anyone with shift or irregular hours.

Plastic pipe is fine for UFH because the temperature control valve keeps it below 50°C. ( dont know where that 25° above came from though )

Tony

Agile wrote

Unless its a very large bathroom in a well insulated house the 50 watts per m² is unlikely to give enough heat output to make the bathroom the warmest room in the house where you take off all your clothes.

Thats why I would not fit UFH in my own bathroom .
BUT, I would consider electrical Devimat which is then tiled over as it would be supplementing my existing radiator heat output.
Also, as it is so close to the surface the heat up will be that much quicker and effective due to the conductive properties of ceramic tiles.
And, if your floor is wooden underneath then all the better as less heat input required , so the wattage of the mat is reduced. Danfoss increase the wattage by 50 percent for cement based floors.

gas4you said:
clfgas, I wouldn't bother trying to help op as he seems to think we are all rip offs, even though we give advice on here for free :mad:
Whoa there gas4you - the OP has only made one post on this topic. The accusations are coming from a tw*t called Balenza.

Sorry I mis-understood who was making the ridiculous accusations. OP please accept my apologies for assuming it was you.

Balenza, P off and stick to your cowboy DIY. Will look out for you on next series of DIY disasters on TV :rolleyes:

Sorry Tony (agile) I had just read one of your post's and typed in the wrong name, meant to say cheers to dave(gas4you) :oops:

Sorry Dave hope you didn't take offence to me calling you Tony :LOL:

Softus, well spotted you have a keen eye for details. :rolleyes:

Bobbych, please ignore the rantings of balenza, he/she I suspect is one of the regulars on here on a mission to wind people up. Please feel free to post again on this topic, as you can see many of us have the knowledge and understanding to give sound advice and good practice methods, to keep your installation running and within current regulations.

Balenza, me thinks you have inadvertently spelt you signature wrong perhaps this is how it should read---B*LL*NDER, :LOL: :LOL:

As I have already said you guys would not get near my place.
The OP is free of course to take your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back