Underfloor Heating

Sponsored Links
bobbych

Some polyplumb costings here. You will see that the individual room systems are quite expensive like the ZRU for example costing £385.
http://www.ufch.com/Plum18.pdf

This link shows you some Wirsbo systems which are highly regarded .
You will note that they are giving you costings for both pex and unipipe.
The “small area pack” system suitable for up to 14 sq/m utilises the Danfoss return temperature limiter which I mentioned earlier.
The price is not bad either at £263 inc vat for the pex system.
BES supply a similar kit using Hep0 pipe and the Danfoss valve also, but slightly more expensive at £315.

http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/WIRSBO Smal Area Packs.htm

Sponsored Links
Bigburn said:
some references to solutions that he previously implied were so expensive that an installer who used them would be ripping people off.
:rolleyes:

Balenza said:
Garfeild said:
Have done this on a combi system by using Rehau gear,and fitting a programmer separate to the boiler.

I fitted 2 zone valves,1 for the existing CH system,and the other purely for the UFH,which, is,of course controlled by its own stat.

I used a standard programmer,with heating ( to radiators) controlled by the heating channel.

I connected the UFH to the HW side of the programmer,being a combi,the HW is on all the time anyway,so we didnt have to worry about that.

Works a treat.

What size was the UF area Garfield.?
Can you give any costings ?

It was an extension,ground floor,approx 5m x 4m if i remember correctly.Again if i remember correctly all the gear from Rehau,pipe fixings,manifold,pump,mixing blender unit,insulation,etc etc came to around £1700 ish,which is dear when you consider the price of a couple of extra radiators,but the people are over the moon with it,they invited us round for a drink just before Xmas,and we all walked around with bare feet when it was -3 outside.
I had to run a separate flow and return from the boiler to the pump and mixer unit which we hid in a dummy radiator cabinet by the entrance to the extension room.
Other manufacturers UFH gear is cheaper than Rehau's,who i found to be a bit lacking when it came to support and advice after the gear had been purchased.

Bigburn said:
Where did I write that?
Bigburn said:
clf-gas said:
Bigburn said:
clf-gas said:
Very easy, have you got somewhere for the manifold to go though.

Why would he need a manifold?

Also ,wont the roomstat just shut the system down if up to temp leaving the UF section barely warmed up due to the time lag. :(

a manifold is required becuase underfloor runs at lower temp, have you watched what a boiler does with the room stat.

OOh I get it. Seems OTT for a bathroom though. Bet you have ripped off more than a few people doing something like this I bet.

Softus don't rises to this prick he has'nt got a clue about UFH and as I said beforenthis pillock cant spell bellender.

clf-gas wrote

Softus don't rises to this p***k he has'nt got a clue about UFH and as I said beforenthis pillock cant spell bellender.

I know more than you thats clear. Just look at your first statement on this thread.

Very easy, have you got somewhere for the manifold to go though.

You did,nt even think to ask how large the floor area is under consideration.
Now the best you can come up with is insults and bad manners.
And people like you are let loose on peoples homes.
Disgraceful.

Kevplumb. Why dont you call your corgi dogs off for a while ?.

Balenza said:
You did,nt (sic.)even think to ask how large the floor area is under consideration.
Please explain to everyone who knows less than you why the floor area is a factor.

Softus wrote
Please explain to everyone who knows less than you why the floor area is a factor.

If the floor area is in a bathroom it may be only 2 sq /m.
That hardly warrants a manifold let alone hydronic UF heating.
Would have thought that was obvious.

Balenza said:
Please explain to everyone who knows less than you why a manifold is not needed for a floor area of only 2m², or why it is needed for a larger floor area.

Softus said:
Balenza said:
Please explain to everyone who knows less than you why a manifold is not needed for a floor area of only 2m², or why it is needed for a larger floor area.

Bacause their are valves available which negates the use of manifolds on small areas and if you had been paying attention you would have seen this.

8000 posts. No common sense. Totally agree with One tap.
Your not a professional and never will be.

Your just some sad assed tozzer who gets kicks nitpicking other peoples posts.

Bigburn said:
Now the best you can come up with is insults and bad manners.
Bigburn said:
Your not a professional and never will be.

Your just some sad assed tozzer who gets kicks nitpicking other peoples posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back