Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant 240 VCW XH Combination Boiler and it is 12 years old.
I have replaced the Main CH Heat Exchanger and the Diaphram including the Diverter.

The problem is when the CH is on and DHW is drawn at the same time.
Once DHW Tap is closed then the boiler shuts down including the pilot light. The pilot light is then re-lite and CH fires up as normal.

Can anyone please advise me. (Kev-plumb where are you, Sir).

Thank you very much for replying. If there is a problem with scaling where would it be in the boiler?, as I have cleaned/flushed out the Main Heat Exchanger, Diverter and DHW exchanger.

Can anyone please advise me

Sponsored Links
Reg-plumb said:
I have a Vaillant 240 VCW XH Combination Boiler and it is 12 years old.
I have replaced the Main CH Heat Exchanger and the Diaphram including the Diverter.

The problem is when the CH is on and DHW is drawn at the same time.
Once DHW Tap is closed then the boiler shuts down including the pilot light. The pilot light is the re-lite and CH fires up as normal.

Can anyone please advise me. (Kev-plumb where are you, Sir).

had simiar prob on a brittony it turned out to be the ch flow switch

BOB Dole said:
had simiar prob on a brittony it turned out to be the ch flow switch
Britony doesn't have pilot light, Vaillant doesn't have flow switch. So much for "similar".

The problem is that the heat exchanger is overheating and the overheat stat then cuts the continuity of the thermocouple circuit. Overheating possibly due to slow response to end of DHW demand?

Overheating AFTER hot water usage is usually either due to scaling up or the failure of pump over run when its provided.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replys.

Where would I locate the build up of Scale?. I have Cleaned and Flushed out the Main Heat Exchanger, DHW Heat Exchanger, Diverter Assembly, Water section diaphram linked to the servo control and control/connection lines to the Diverter. The Flow rate is ok.

All replys would be very appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back