Central locking issues toyota hiace 2001 2L diesel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a toyota hiace 01, and after I bought it I started to get central locking problems gradually until it just stopped working, I then had a replacement installed which has worked great until yesterday when it was making a quieter locking sound and not locking now all of a sudden it's stopped , unfortunately they key on all doors but the passenger does not work from the outside as u can imagine this is annoying, does any1 have any idea as to what it could be.I've been told that the solonoid's could be knackered but then phoned an auto electrician who said they won't know till they look at an expense of 150. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if it could be defective door actuators but as suggested you never know what to expect until you start to do some testing.
Its worth checking any cables in the wiring loom that goes into the doors near the hinge area as these do fail with repeated wear and tear, is it just a key operated system or does it have a remote fob too?

Will check the wires today, I have noticed there is a bit of slack near the hinges, I assume it would be the drivers door in particular ? Thanks hoe advice will let u know soon. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Back