Central Locking Problem on 2000 Ford Focus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out with my central locking. I have a 2000 Ford Focus 1.4L Zetec model. My car only has a key to open and close it.

When I first got the car second hand the central locking worked ok. Over time, when I would open the drivers door, the central locking would only kick in from time to time. The central locking seemed to work better in warmer weather. However, over time the problem has gotten much worse and it does not work now at all.

I have tried a few ways of trying to fix it.
- I sprayed lube (not WD40) into all the locks and their moving parts....no luck
- I checked fuse 63....no luck. The fuse still seems to be in tact and when I tried another fuse the result was the same
-I tried unplugging the connections to the central locking control unit for an hour and then connecting it back up again...no luck

I am wondering if there is any other solutions to this problem? I have tried turning the key from position I to II but since my car doesn't have remote central locking I felt that this was never going to work either.

Could it be a case that there may be a relay or a solenoid that needs replacing? Its not a huge problem but it is a bit of an annoyance.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Steven

Sponsored Links
you need to verify the basics first but normally these issues are caused by moisture ingress in door actuators or broken wires between the door pillars and doors
you will need to remove a door panel and do some testing to see if any voltage is present at the wiring
does the locking system make any noises at all when you operate it?

Sponsored Links
Back