Central Networks.

rjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of getting my service head changed as it is about 70 years old and has started a small leak of the bitumen.

(Thanks to John D for the advise in a previous theme ;) )

Anyway I phoned them up last night to find out a date and chase them up. Whilst doing this out of interest (I know my supply is TN-C-S by the way) I decided to ask them what was the my type of supply was TN-C or TN-C-S etc and for them to tell me the Ze to my installation.

The reply was "We don't know what your supply is. We took over from the last people and they haven't got this information - we leave it for you to tell us and we say either 0.35 or 0.8 [depending on TN-C-S / TNC]" (you get the picture.

Now I was taught that the distribution people has a legal requirement under Supply of Electricity Act 1989 (I believe) to tell you this information upon request.

Am I Right or wrong here?

If so isn't it a shocking (no pun) situation that the distribution company don't know how their supply is distributed? (or am I being a bit naive and wet behind the ears?)

Sponsored Links
Now I was taught that the distribution people has a legal requirement under Supply of Electricity Act 1989 (I believe) to tell you this information upon request.

Am I Right or wrong here?

If so isn't it a shocking (no pun) situation that the distribution company don't know how their supply is distributed? (or am I being a bit naive and wet behind the ears?)
Do you ever break the speed limit? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back