Centrally controlled electric heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a small, well insulated 1 bed flat. Currently, it's being heated quite adequately by two of these
4150327A66UC290131T.jpg
(well, not that exact one, but something like that)

I'd love to be able to centrally control the heating, programme on/off timing, and have a thermostat.

Bringing gas to the flat is prohibitively expensive, so I'm stuck with electric. I don't think it's worth the effort and expense of fitting a wet system for 2 radiators - it would need a boiler fitting as well as pipe work and radiators.

Ideally I'd like simple, plug in radiators. I've found one centrally controllable electric system (http://www.heattend.co.uk/thermal-radiators.html) but they only sell to housing associations and councils.

Can anyone recommend a suitable system?

(p.s. would this be better in the Electrics forum?)

Sponsored Links
It's not the same perhaps, but good plug in time clocks work really well for the timer element of your requirement. With regard the thermostat bit, most radiators come with them built in.

Good old B and Q sold electric wall/free standing radiators with timer and thermostat built in last year, for under £30.
Wait until the autumn/winter time again and they usually stock up again, with a good selection. (Now where did I put my B and Q share certificates! :rolleyes: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back