ceramic floor tiles onto existing vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read about using porcelain adhesive to fix slate tiles onto vinyl, does the same apply for ceramic ? also, when wall tiling up to ceiling do I need to leave an expansion gap top and bottom (and seal with silicon sealer ?) same applies on a tiled floor all round the perimeter

Sponsored Links
I have read about using porcelain adhesive to fix slate tiles onto vinyl, does the same apply for ceramic ?
Assuming we're talking about well stuck down vinyl tiles, then yes. If it's a roll of vinyl, then no.

also, when wall tiling up to ceiling do I need to leave an expansion gap top and bottom (and seal with silicon sealer ?) same applies on a tiled floor all round the perimeter
I wouldn't bother round the ceiling - just grout that. If there's water about then it might be an idea to silicone around the edges of the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back