Ceramic floor tiles - to seal or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK. I'm about to tile my bathroom floor. Sub-floor is down (12mm WBP on 18mm floorboards, screwed at 200mm spacing).

Tiles will be 33cm x 33cm grey ceramic with matt finish. BAL Rapidset flexible to fix them, BAL Superflex Wide Joint grey grout.

Do the tiles need sealing? If so, what with? I can't find any reference to a suitable sealer on Topps web-site and I'm concerned about the grout staining the tiles, and also general staining over time.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

Sponsored Links
I'm hopeless with an icing bag (tried using one once - got cream all up my arm :) )

I do have a very large syringe!

dont worry about sealing the tiles fella, ceramic never need it.

and as for the staining from the grout you can compleatly cover them when you grout making the worst mess youll ever see and as long as you wipe them off with a decent sponge and just water they will be clean.

once youve finished and grout is dry mop as usual.

Sponsored Links
got my kitchen to do... if my back stops playing up..
and my knee now too... :cry:

I WISH it was muy bathroom.. I'd get away with 2 packs of tiles in there.. not the 11 packs I've got for the kitchen... :rolleyes:

got my kitchen to do... if my back stops playing up..
and my knee now too... :cry:

I WISH it was muy bathroom.. I'd get away with 2 packs of tiles in there.. not the 11 packs I've got for the kitchen... :rolleyes:

get someone in then!

can't afford to..
on the dole at the moment so money is tight..
Dad is paying for my kitchen since Nan died and he had a new car and gave his old car to my brother.. ( 52 plate renault Meganne Scenic..)

I also have lots of time on my hands..

can't afford to..
on the dole at the moment so money is tight..
Dad is paying for my kitchen since Nan died and he had a new car and gave his old car to my brother.. ( 52 plate renault Meganne Scenic..)

I also have lots of time on my hands..

sorry to hear that fella, im sure something will come up soon, it seems to be getting better out there.

if all else fails, the bloke accross the road from my Mom is retiring in november, I've got dibs on his space at his firm.. ;)

Job jobbed, looks great. I tried the syringe out of interest and it actually works very well, but it is a bit slow to keep filling it up, so I went back to the normal method.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back