ceramic floor tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just laid a floor with ceramic tiles. Is there any real reason why I can't use the (white) tile cement as grout instead of buying yet another packet of powder I'll only half use?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Margret

Sponsored Links
only use this if it says so on the packet.
some cements double as grout but not all.

Hello all, I am in the process of rebuilding my Kitchen and I am at the stage where I am tiling the floor with Ceramic tiles. My father-in-law was taking the lead on it because of his experince in tiling , but he had to leave for an emergency be for completing half of the floor. We had laid down cement boards and used the 50lb bags of versabond cement. What is strange to me is that we were using appromatley (1) 50lb of bonding cement per four tiles. Is this the way it should be?

Sponsored Links
grey grout is better in the long term as white floor grouting begins to look grubby with dirt and stains. If you use white, a good clean with scrubbing brush and muriatic acid, once a week might be necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back