Ceramic Hob Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm about to install a ceramic Hob which doesn't come with a power lead. The instructions recommend "Power Cord Type H05 VV-F or higher" this means nothing to me!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Andy Velcro said:
Hello

I'm about to install a ceramic Hob which doesn't come with a power lead. The instructions recommend "Power Cord Type H05 VV-F or higher" this means nothing to me!

Andy
H- harmonised
05 - 300/500V
VV - PVC PVC
F - fine wire flex

tell us the power rating and well be able to tell you what CSA youll need. itll prob need 2.5, possibly 4

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look and the only figure relating to power is 6600w which I presume is 6.6Kw, is that any help.

Andy

Andy Velcro said:
Thanks for the reply. I've had a look and the only figure relating to power is 6600w which I presume is 6.6Kw, is that any help.

Andy

28A. would need 4mm at least. altho, most people would just wire them with 6 or 10mm T+E. what size is the existing cable and MCB/fuse?

Sponsored Links
i would reommend using 6mm T+E to connect it.

Andy Velcro said:
The instructions recommend "Power Cord Type H05 VV-F or higher" this means nothing to me!
It would have done if you'd bothered to look in the For Reference section...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back