Ceramic Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a hot-plate with a ceramic hob, and have come across a connection type I have not seen before. It has brass links held in by the retaining screws. the screws are recessed in a plastic housing and do not extend out of their recess to allow the cable to be wrapped around and tightened. How does the cable fix to this type of unit.

Sponsored Links
easy

open the phone book, (yellow variety) look under E, and find an electrician

tryed that guess what! They are not interested! job too small!

If you can lay your hands on a digital camera, put up a picture.

Don't the ends of the screw tighten down into a tube that's a bit bigger than a cable?

Sponsored Links
Use a good torch so you can see the place where you stuff the cable in the black plastic. You unscrew the termination screws and then you can push the cable in & tighten up.

link removed

thanks for attempting to assist me, here is a link to the photo of this connection box on the hob, to the right is the cable clamp. Behind the clamp is the earth. I suppose the screws to the rear of the unit is the holding part for the wire whilst the front screws press down the brass clamps maybe on to the unsheathed part of the T&E.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back