Ceramic tiles on concrete floor?

SMG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower room floor is re enforced concrete, sat, I believe on polystyrene slabs, which are sat on a blue type plastic sheet, (Built 7 years ago). The concrete was covered with asphalt then tiled. My problem is that the floor is higher than the adjoining room floor, & I want it level. If I remove the tiles & asphalt, it will be at the level I need.

So, can I then re-tile onto the concrete floor?

Would there also be any problems with dampness or cold?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
should,nt be as the DPM is still in place.
you will probably need to put a layer of screed on the concrete to give the tiles an acceptable /level surface to lay on.
you would need to ask this in the tileing section or building part of the forum, someone like woody would give you a more accurate answer, but good luck with it anyhow

Sponsored Links
I would love to, but I thought it would bring the height up too much, dont you have to lay the heating mat on insulation board, etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back