ceramic tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i`ve seen tiles for walls and floors,and wall tiles and floor tiles . I wouldn`t use wall tiles for the floor as they wouldn`t be strong enough BUT can i use floor tiles for the wall?? They are just what i want and cheaper than wall tiles, they`re 30cmx30cm and for a tiny bathroom.

Sponsored Links
yes you can, but you need to be careful about the weight of them. are you fixing them onto plaster?

i won`t be doing the tiling myself and the old tiles will be removed as they don`t cover the whole area and are `wonky` so i hope the tiler will do the job properly.

i hope the tiler will do the job properly.
Be very careful how you pick your tiler; go on personal recommendation if you can & ask to see previous work if possible. You may be surprised to hear that many who call themselves “tilers” actually don’t have much idea about the materials & preparation required &, although it may seem hard to believe, some can’t actually tile!

Even if you do intend tiling yourself, I would advise you read the Tiling Sticky & Forum Archive posts as it will give you an understanding of what’s involved & be better equiped to asses what's proposed & going on with your tiler. It's not rocket science but there are still many things that can go wrong; with walls, you need to consider tile weights, prep & materials & suspended timber floors need special consideration. It’s also important to use only quality trade tilling materials of the correct type for your tiles & tile base, cheapo own brand & DIY stuff is mostly crap.

Sponsored Links
As tpt said....weight.....

What weight in kg does it say on the box...

If over 16kg then you will be looking at fixing them to hardie cement boards 12.5mm thick...

As tpt said....weight.....

What weight in kg does it say on the box...

If over 16kg then you will be looking at fixing them to hardie cement boards 12.5mm thick...
I'd appreciate if you could explain the reasoning behind that to joe90 pls :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back