Cerrera White Marble Tiles ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got an opinion on whether these are difficult to lay and/or maintain ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry, meant to say - it's for use in both a shower cubicle, on the bathroom floor and to cover the boxing of a consealed cistern.

i personally think that marble tiles when laid properly look fantastic, the main problem you will have with themis f you fail to seal them properly, especially with white ones, go fetch some lithofin natural stone sealer and be enthusiastic when using it.

in answer to your question then, easy to lay, not really hard to maintain, just make sure you seal properly!

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

Will make sure edges and surface sealed beforehand.

Looking at your reply, I was wondering:

The room is small just over 3.5 x 1.2 m. Shower cubicle at one end, then 3 x 1 m floor with the loo and concealed cistern at other. Unfortunately, we're having to run the waste along the length of the room also (boxing at about 300mm height and 200mm depth) and will tile that also. So, my question is - would you use grey grout on the floor alone / on the floor and all boxing / everywhere (including cubicle to keep it all the same) - or use white everywhere?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
the colour of the grout is entirely your choice but i would never mix colours ever,

and grey grout with white marble? they would just look cheap in my opinion.

Marble is a very soft stone and it is much softer than granite. It is also highly porous, so it is very easily etched by acids. (vinegar, tomato juice, orange juice, etc) It's also prone to develop water stains or spots, such as marks left by drinking glasses, or water spots after mopping.
Clean your marble stone surface with a soft cloth or mop using pH neutral cleaning solution. Always wipe off any spills immediately as they happen. Never, ever clean this floor with vinegar, as you will destroy the finish. I use Lustro Italiano cleaner from http://www.ciciliotandson.com/products.php which works best for me.

Marble is a very soft stone and it is much softer than granite. It is also highly porous, so it is very easily etched by acids. (vinegar, tomato juice, orange juice, etc) It's also prone to develop water stains or spots, such as marks left by drinking glasses, or water spots after mopping.
Clean your marble stone surface with a soft cloth or mop using pH neutral cleaning solution. Always wipe off any spills immediately as they happen. Never, ever clean this floor with vinegar, as you will destroy the finish. I use Lustro Italiano cleaner from http://noads/products.php which works best for me.

nice copy / paste, bit expensive tho fella

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back