Certification of work

Why are you chasing a certificate for site temps on this project? As it is going to be ripped out at the end of the job no one is going to really care once it is complete
Agree entirely. I think you have enough to worry about with sorting out replacement builders etc. and getting the project moving again without also worrying about a piece of paper for a temporary supply that nobody is really going to care about.
I would agree not worried about the temps it is the permanent work one has to consider. One has to consider the moving finger writes and once writ moves on, all thy piety nor thy wit can cancel half a line of it. Once you tell the building control officer you can't untell him.

I wished I had never told my local authority building control (LABC) but once I had then no option but do as they say.

Sponsored Links
Which is one of several reasons not to get them involved in the first place if you can possibly help it.
To be fair I thought at the time they were already involved, it never entered my mind that the builder would have done all that work without having the LABC involved. And once they walked off site the only person I could ask was the council. However the LABC inspector missed that the door way had been altered so that the lintel was only supported on one side, that was far more major than any Part P considerations. I had to get a builder in as an emergency to fit an new lintel that was work I was not going to DIY.

In hind sight I should have been monitoring the builders, but I trusted them. Had they not got a batch of faulty tile cement they may have finished on time and I would have been unaware of any of the faults in their workmanship.

New consumer unit using GPO earth wire for party line as main earthing. etc etc. There was a whole list of faults found after we took over the job, even found a repair to under floor heating with insulation tape hidden under the tiles. We were unaware of any of the faults until we took over, all down to the tile cement being out of date and not setting if that had not happened that house if it was still standing would have likely been mine now. Likely one of the faults would have killed my mother.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back