Sign off problem

Surely if a BCO says he/she, (must stay politically correct :) ), wants the test done by one of the people on this list AFTER you have had it done by an independent, that should raise suspicions of 'malpractice', shall we say?
Suspicions of something, yes, although not necessarily 'malpractice'.
If I was put in that position I would refuse and go above his/her head to management and let them know what had happened. If they doubt the qualifications of the tester you employed, they should seek clarification from his scheme. If he is up to standard, then they must surely have a duty to accept his certificate?
That is the "hassle of doing otherwise" to which I referred, and which I think most people probably could do without! There are plenty of situations in which one might be inclined to challenge the decisions/pronouncements of BCOs (e.g. when they demand extractor fans, even if one can argue that the Building Regs are satisfied without the fans) but, again, most people can't be bothered with the hassle, and terefore tend to 'given in', despite the 'principle' involved.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
As to @conny comments, if the electrician is doing the EICR as part of the scheme, yes. However in the main although a scheme member, the EICR is not covered, in the end the LABC inspector did accept my degree, but it seemed he had no idea what a C&G 2391 was.

Sponsored Links
As to @conny comments, if the electrician is doing the EICR as part of the scheme, yes.
What do you mean by "doing an EICR as part of the scheme"? If the person undertaking an EICR is a member of a CPS scheme, under what circumstances would he/she be doing otherwise?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back