CH and HW Programmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm currently looking for a 2 channel programmer to replace my Lifestyle LP112. I'm looking for more flexibility in the system, such as programming individual days as opposed to just setting hours of the day.

Can anyone recommend any good ones? I've been looking at the Salus EP200 with RT200 Thermostat.

Thanks in advance

Kev

Sponsored Links
We are now fitting the new Honeywell 9400 series line of text units, very easy to use, can fit directly on the Drayton Lifestyle wallplate.

You will find the ST range is being discontinued. Few stocks remain.

You don't say what type of boiler you have, but if it is not a combi - i.e you have a HW cylinder, why not keep the LP112 to control the HW times and buy a Honeywell CM907 (wired) or 927 (wireless) Programmable stat for the central heating?

This is what I have and it works a treat. The HW is set to come on, in the morning, before the CH for about 1 hour and for about an hour in the afternoon. If we find the HW is getting cold in the evening we just press the advance button to turn it on/off.

The CM900 series have 6 temp settings per day, 7 days per weeks; so you have complete flexibility. It also has built in optimization, which means that you set the first morning time to when you want to get up and the programmer calculates when the boiler has to light, depending on the overnight drop in temperature. This means the boiler does not come on unnecessarily early.

Honeywell Application Guide 109 explains how to wire it up and Honeywell Application Guide 112 explains about optimizing programmers.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Sorry, no i don't have a combi boiler - just a crappy Potterton Suprima 30 which resets regularly... :evil:

Thanks for the advice though, however i think i'm just going to go with the replacement of the programmer option. As i don't live at home for most of the week, it'd be my girlfriend using the controls so i want something nice and easy to use - i think having a programmer and a programmable stat would drive her over the edge :D

The built in temperature control sounds good though... hmmm

Hi

Sorry, no i don't have a combi boiler - just a rubbishy Potterton Suprima 30 which resets regularly... :evil:

I think you have mis-read my post :!:

As you do NOT have a combi boiler, my suggestion applies.

i want something nice and easy to use - i think having a programmer and a programmable stat would drive her over the edge

It might sound complicated but my wife can understand it :LOL:

I just programmed the HW times when I installed it and have never touched it. The number of times we have to over-ride the HW in the last year has been two or three at the most; and then it's just a matter of pressing the Advance button to turn it on and, if necessary, off.

The same goes for the CH programmer/thermostat. If your girl friend is there Mon-Fri, you program it to her requirements. Sat and Sun can be set to your joint requirements (get up 11am etc ;) ).

Changing the temperature, say if its particularly cold, is just a matter of pressing a button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back