Ch heats to 27, then stops, Ecotec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I've searched and checked the FAQs, but can't find the answer, sorry.
By Ecotec pro heats the water fine, but when I set the ch temp to say, 65 it fire's up and move quickly from 17 to 21, 22 degrees, then move very slowly to 27 and the boiler stops.
No fault code.
Have I inadvertently shut a valve?
Thanks in advance.
Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes, I mess with it every time I leave the house for long periods, which I do twice a year. Are the valves open if they are full clockwise, to the right?
Thanks for your input. Cheers,
Paul

If you mean fully clockwise when turned with an Allen key, then no they are closed. Post a photo if you need to double check.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes, I mess with it every time I leave the house for long periods, which I do twice a year. Are the valves open if they are full clockwise, to the right?
Thanks for your input. Cheers,
Paul

My apologies Paul, no they’re open if fully clockwise

Here's an image, which ones should be fully left? Thanks, Paul

pipes.jpg

A and E, and they’re open. What’s behind the insulation on pipe E? Why is your safety discharge not connected anywhere?

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks, I'll nip down and check that they're open and have a look behind the insulation.
The safety hangs above a bucket - I'm in Belgium!
Cheers,
Paul

Hi,
That's cured it, they were shut.
The temp continued all the way to almost 70, then it cut and continued to gurgle all the way down to 19, then it kicked in again, this time rose as far as 55, then cut and gurgled for a while until it dropped again to 17, the hour glass flashing from mid thirties, downwards.
After a year of inactivity maybe it's clearing its throat?
Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Paul

HI,
Update: the thing doesn't stay on. Once it climbed to the required 58 degrees, but thereafter keeps cutting in the mid-thirties and the flashing symbol arrives.
Then it stay off, rebooting every now and again.
No fault codes, either.
Flummoxed.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Paul

What symbol is flashing? Is the boiler thermostat set correctly? Have you checked the room thermostat for correct operation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back