CH on constantly - related questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old Potterton Suprima 100L system boiler. Having just had our PCB replaced (can anyone give me a rough cost for that? I feel we've been overcharged!), our CH is running all the time. We're left having to switch it on & off at mains.

Second opinion from another engineer feels it is likely our CH Drayton Zone Valve (ZA6 2 port) faulty / sticking. Is there any way to confirm it is indeed that valve and not our HW Honeywell valve?

I've been quoted about £150 (part + labour) to replace the Drayton Valve. Does that seem fair?

Sponsored Links
in the wiring centre there are two orange wires joined together and two grey wires joined together , isolate the power and seperate these and see which orange and grey combination have continuity, that is the faulty valve if it is indeed the valve that is faulty, With your boiler model I would get this sorted sooner than later, you will damage your boiler turning it off at the isolator

Thanks! The manual levers on the Drayton Valve can't be shifted (whether boiler is on or off), is there any other safer way to switch off the heating without going to the mains? Just until valve can be replaced by a plumber.

THE MANUAL LEVERS mean nothing , it is the end switch that sticks nothing to do with the levers

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Try lowering the boiler thermostat? It won’t turn it off, but should reduce the amount it’s heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back