CH Programmer wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently moved into a house which had an old Danfoss Randall 3020p mini-programmer installed. We decided to replace this with a new digital programmer and chose the Drayton LP722.

The instructions for the LP722 have a chart which maps the wiring for the old 3020p to the new LP722. This seems to match up with the wires I can see on the current installation for the 3020p but there are extra wires going to terminal 1 which is apparently neutral. According to the instructions for the 3020p it has two neutral teminals whereas the LP722 only has one neutral temrinal (the LP722 instructions overlook this!).

This maybe a stupid question but is it ok to connect all wires going to the two neutral terminals on the 3020p to the one neutral terminal on the new one? I assume so but I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks in advance,
Pirate.

Sponsored Links
As long as you are sure they are both neutral then youcan put them together, however i advise testing with a voltmeter before you do as some plumbers use five core cable and use the black as a live 240 feed sometimes.

connections 1 and 7 on the 3020p are both neutral, they can be quite safely connected to the same neutral on the new prog. Make sure the power is off and they are definitely neutrals. :idea:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back