CH Pump failed can I replace a Myson with a Grundfos Head?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old (20yr) Myson compact CP53 CH pump that has finally failed. The wife is going mad about the hot water and it'll be a week until my plumber can come round. Does anyone know if the Grundfos UPS2 head will fit if I replace the old Myson pump? I'd prefer to do it this way than disturb any of the pipework by trying to remove the whole unit.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have an old (20yr) Myson compact CP53 CH pump that has finally failed. The wife is going mad about the hot water and it'll be a week until my plumber can come round. Does anyone know if the Grundfos UPS2 head will fit if I replace the old Myson pump? I'd prefer to do it this way than disturb any of the pipework by trying to remove the whole unit.

Thanks in advance
As muggles said, why not fit a new Myson head?
But a few weeks ago I changed my Grundfos UPS 15-50 (getting noisy) for a UPS2. I also hoped to just change the head but the problem was in the body, a stainless steel ring pressed in, to face the eye of the impeller, had come adrift. So I had to replace the whole thing. The old head seems OK apart from a load of gunge inside and behind the impeller. Cleaned it up and keep it as a spare.
Just possible yours has same problem.

From looking at reviews it seems that Myson used to be the 'free with a packet of cornflakes' pump of the CH world. I've found a decent UPS2 pump on Amazon so I'll wait until the plumber comes to fix it.

Luckily I've found the immersion still works.

Sponsored Links
And yet yours has lasted 20 years, so it can't have been all that bad... How long are you expecting to get out of a UPS2?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back