myson unit five replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a myson unit five pump which has stopped working after 16 years!! i suspect the coil is gone because it keeps blowing the fuse, anyway the thing is i only want to replace the head because undoing the valve nuts is going to be a nightmare . i phoned circulating pumps they said the new cp53 has a smaller,compact head so cannot be used???,is there any pump out there which i can use just to replace the head?.Thanks

Sponsored Links
In a word, no. :D

Whole new pump required. iirc (and i may be wrong here) the unit 5s are bigger than standard pump sizes and will need either pipework adjustments or an adaptor fitted.

I'm sure unit 5's have 130mm flanges face to face and therefore any modern domestic pump will fit.Do yourself a favour and get a Grundfos 15/50 and forget the old one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back