CH question ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

First post in such a long time so go easy on me !!

In the process of decorating a bedroom and we have decided to love a radiator along the wall slightly. On looking under the floorboards there is only two 15mm pipes ( flow & return ) supply the rad. On following the pipework back there is 22 mm for the rad on the landing in which 15 mm tees off the landing rad. The 22 mm is then reduced to 15mm to supply the rad in the bedroom we are decorating.

Just want to ask is this how it should be? Or should I extend the 22mm then tee off for the rad I’m moving ? Also can I still use a trv on this rad and will it affect the other rads if I do? ( sometimes this rad will be switched off when the kids aren’t here)

I have already removed the rad before decorating and capped the ends, but doing this also stopped a couple of other radiators to not heat up! So I had to reconnect the two capped ends with some some plastic pipe to ensure the other rooms to heat up. Now I'm
not to sure if it was related but I had a massive airlock in one of the rads that wasn’t heating up, cleared the airlock and they are now heating up.

Boiler is a new baxi combo

Apologies if this is a stupid question!!

Sponsored Links
What you have described for the pipes is entirely normal.

Having to connect the two ends so that other radiators work is not - all radiators should work independently of the others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back