CH restorer/inhibitor treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to decide whether to treat my open-vented CH system to a dose of restorer and/or protector. I currently don't have any major problems with the boiler or rads, just want to keep my system relatively efficient & trouble-free. There is a bit of noise from the boiler when it's on (continuous light trembling sound) but no boiling or banging.

Would I be doing more harm than good if I drain down and flush through with this restorer stuff? should I keep the original water that's in the system at present?

any & all comments greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Good idea to flush and add inhibitor.
Won't do your sytem any harm , only your pocket :LOL:

Use Sentinel cleaners visit www.gebetz.com/sentinel - I've just done mine; I asked on this site whether I could leave the cleaner solution in longer than the 2 hours recoomended. I had replies saying it wouldn't matter - however when I visited the site above it said you MUST not. Best of luck

Sentinel is not the only make you could use, look up some on the web.

If it can be left on for only 2 hours, it sounds as if it's an acid cleaner. I would use a non-acid cleaner, it can be left in for weeks. If you don't have problems at the moment, it should be fine. Don't use a household detergent, though these non-acid cleaners are a detergent type chemical. They will lift the dirt into suspension until you flush it out.

Sponsored Links
hello kevplumb, don't stay up late tonight, you were either up very late last night or up effin early this morning :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back