CH wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My newly installed cyclinder stat doesn't appear to be switching the pump on/off or changing the 3 port valve. I assume I've wired it incorrectly. Can somebody confirm that the terminal labelled C in the cylinder stat should be wired to the 'CH on' terminal in the programmer? Also, as it is a Honeywell Y plan system, where to the terminals labelled 1 & 2 in the cyclinder stat need to be wired to?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
DHW from programmer to common, terminal 2 to grey and linked to DHW off, terminal 1 to orange and live terminal of pump.

I've wired a few of these and I've got '1' to DHW 'on'; '2' to grey & DHW 'off';'C' to orange & boiler+pump live.
We appear to disagree Artful? Don't tell me I've done them all wrong.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mave, that's the best wiring diag I've seen so artful is definitely right. I've got some houses that I let and the heating works ok so I'm wondering if I copied the wiring circuit wrong. I had to rewire the ch when I bought them and they've got very old combined room stat and programmer so the wiring took a bit of sorting out and I wrote down what I'd done. I've got two with different tank stats that have 1,2 & 3 instead of 1,2 & C. I think that the old 2 becomes 3 and the old C becomes 2.
Anyway, apologies from me artful.

;) there's more than one way to skin a cat if you're into that sort of thing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back